18 Dec Benefits of Swimming Pool Covers Even in Florida
Benefits of Swimming Pool Covers Even in Florida
Owning a swimming pool is a large responsibility! The pool must be cleaned and maintained on a regular basis. In addition, you must follow safety and maintenance guidelines,
so you can enjoy the many benefits of being a pool owner. One of the most effective ways to make your pool safe while reducing the stress and the time needed for cleaning your pool is
to purchase a swimming pool cover.
Enjoy a cleaner pool
- Without a cover, the water can evaporate. When this happens, your expensive chemicals will evaporate too.
- A cover will keep limbs, leaves, and natural debris from entering your pool.
- Some forms of algae need sunlight to grow. By using a cover, you can eliminate algae from growing when your pool is covered.
- Most of the energy consumption required of a pool comes from heating and cleaning the pool. Swimming pools lose energy on a variety of ways, but evaporation is by far the largest source of energy loss. Converse water by reducing the amount o make-up water needed by 30%-50%
- Reduce the pool’s chemical consumption by 35%-60%
- A pool cover can keep the heat in the pool when it is not in use so that you do not have to continuously heat the pool. You can also use solar swimming pool covers to heat your pool using the energy of the sun. This can result in significant savings of money and energy when compared with generating the same increase via gas or electric heaters.
- You cannot always be watching or looking after your pool. Therefore, it is very possible that an unfortunate accident could occur. Florida Building Code has strict guidelines to keep your pool safe and prevent accidents, but a pool cover can also help keep pets and stray animals out of your pool.
Minimize Set Up Time
- Getting your pool ready for the summer months can be quite a pain if you haven’t had the pool covered. Over the winter month’s debris, water, and dirt can get into the pool. This can require days of scrubbing and cleaning to prepare the pool for use. However, with a swimming pool cover you can drain the pool in the fall, cover it in the winter, and it will be ready for use come spring.
Swimming pool covers make owning, maintaining, and enjoying your pool easy!